Wendy Martelli, Voice and Piano Teacher
- Wendy conducts master classes for choirs and private studios in voice in both NJ and NC. Recently, she co-mastered with Jeff Alani Stanfill in a recording master class.
- Member of the National Assc. of Teachers of Singing
- Member of NCMusic Teacher Assc.
- Judges vocal competitions
- Music teacher for schools and colleges in NJ
- Her students have been accepted into performance, music education, music therapy, and choral directing schools throughout the country. Students have gone on to win talent competitions and also performed in off Broadway productions and cruise ships.
Wendy grew up in Northeast Philadelphia. She attended Temple College of Music and majored in Voice Performance. She studied voice with Miss Florence Berggren. Wendy also worked with emeritus Martin Rich, the vocal coach at the Metropolitan Opera in New York.
Throughout her singing career in Philadelphia and New Jersey, Wendy has been named soloist for the Philadelphia’s Music Festival, sang at the United Nations in New York, and has been a featured soloist in various operas and concerts.
When she moved to New Jersey, she continued her voice study with Paul McKay. Along with her many performances, she conducted children’s choirs and had the wonderful opportunity to conduct the Festival Chorus of South Jersey in the production of Gilbert an Sullivan’s The Pirates of Penzance. Wendy sang with such icons as Luciano Pavarotti, Jose Carreras, Sarah Brightman, and Paul Anka.
In 2007, she moved to North Carolina and started teaching voice and piano in Wake County. She became a member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing, as well as the North Carolina Music Teachers Association.
Throughout the year, she conducts Master Classes in voice in both NJ and NC. Her students have been accepted into performance, music education, music therapy, and choral directing schools throughout the country. They have also performed in off Broadway productions and cruise ships.
Wendy lives in Cary with her husband Jeff and has three sons who share her love for music.